BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 5 November 2012

Guy Fawkes Night

 
 

Greetings from Cornwall on Guy Fawkes Night or Bonfire Night as it is normally known. Did you all have a safe and enjoyable evening. I stayed home in the warmth after another cold day here. I always tried to do so because two of my cats and one of my dogs get very scared hearing the fireworks go off.....

 

My son however did have some fireworks for my grandees but sadly his next door neighbour complained despite other fireworks going off in the neighbourhood....

 

I hope they had some sparklers at least they don’t make any noise....

 

I know he won’t have had a bonfire. It’s many years since I had one, in fact I was a child myself when we last had a bonfire, Bonfire Night would not be that without one...

 

As a child Bonfire Night was not just about bonfires and fireworks. It was a time to make a guy, collect all sorts of things for the bonfire, get together in the street and share everything between neighbours...a fun time...

Guy Fawkes wax model buring on the bonfire at the Billericay Fireworks Spectacular in Lake Meadows Park, Billericay, Essex (curtsy of wikipedia)
 
But as the actual name of today implies, there would be no special November 5th every year if it was not for Guy Fawkes, who along with others plotted to blow up the House of Parliament on November 5 1605....
Guy Fawkes

And so each year fireworks are sold, bonfires are made, a Guy thrown on the fire and people get together to do just that.....
Last year I took photographs of fireworks in my friend’s garden. Some did not turn out as just fireworks. It may be just me but I saw other images that I would like to share with you..
Do you see what I see....


Eerrie

Star Like

A Fairy Flying Away

Two Birds Flying Home

A Eagle or similar Swooping Down

 
The last one is just a beautiful image of the moon peaking through the pampas grass
 

Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy xx

Remember, remember, the 5th of November
The Gunpowder Treason and plot ;
I know of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes,
'Twas his intent.
To blow up the King and the Parliament.
Three score barrels of powder below.
Poor old England to overthrow.
By God's providence he was catch'd,
With a dark lantern and burning match
Holloa boys, Holloa boys, let the bells ring
Holloa boys, Holloa boys, God save the King!
Hip hip Hoorah !
Hip hip Hoorah !
A penny loaf to feed ol'Pope,
A farthing cheese to choke him.
A pint of beer to rinse it down,
A faggot of sticks to burn him.
Burn him in a tub of tar,'
Burn him like a blazing star.
Burn his body from his head,
Then we'll say: ol'Pope is dead.
Hip hip Hoorah !
Hip hip Hoorah !
 
 


0 comments: