BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday 31 August 2012

Once In A Blue Moon....




Greetings to all and a Happy Blue Moon...isn’t the moon beautiful tonight. I went outside earlier to look at it and to take some photographs but my camera’s battery decided to go flat!!!!! Ah well, I still enjoyed the magic of the moment....


This natural phenomenon occurs when there is a second full moon in one calendar month, the last ‘Blue Moon’ was in March 2010. We are very lucky to see this rare occurrence as the next one will not be until July 1915. Hence the saying ‘Once in a Blue Moon’ which today means ‘every now and then’.....

Neil Armstrong 1969

So it’s especially fitting that today is also the memorial service for Neil Armstrong, the first person to walk on the Moon, who died 25 August this year.....


Curtsy of The Smokey Cauldron on Facebook


WHEN THE MOON WAS BLUE BY ENID BLYTON

~~~~

When the moon was blue

the sea was made of lemonade

and my boat was a raspberry bun


All the trees where golden cheese

which melted in the sun


I went to a school in a swimming pool

with a teacher who was a seal


I dressed up in a banana skin

with a hat of orange peel


My house had feet and roamed the street

to a different place each night


It got up and ran passed the garbage man

and gave him a terrible fright


All kinds of flowers rained for hours

until the city looked like a fair


People had roses under their noses

and daffodils in their hair


I was allowed to choose some special shoes

which walked on walls and ceilings


I went up like a fly 10 stories high

it was a fantastic feeling


My wooden bed was a rocket ship instead

and it took off one afternoon


On a long flight which lasted the night

and landed me on the moon


When the moon was blue.




Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy xx




0 comments: