BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day.....



Happy Valentine's Day.....Today has an extra special meaning to me as I have more than one reason to celebrate. Not only is it a day for romance but it is also my birthday and sixteenth wedding anniversary....Have you noticed I have not mentioned which birthday it is? Why spoil a day meant for romance by reminding myself how old I am....all I know is that I'm a year older but not neccessarily wiser..lol..





Unfortunately my day didn't go as planned. I have two poorly grandchildren staying with me and a hubby with 'man flu', aka a cold to us females...lol..but that is life and there is always another day to go out and about when they are well....





I hope you all enjoyed today. Did you have a secret Valentine card? I wonder how many of these vintage Valentine cards were sent to a sweetheart?....






Talking of secret Valentine cards....Some years ago a friend of mine received an unsigned Valentine card. We had an idea who it was from so we decided to return the favour. I penned the following verse. I'm no poet but it was just for fun. We never knew if he received the card or if this specific person had sent my friend the card but it was fun anyway...lol..

****************
I had a card by post today

From who it was it didn't say.

The words inside seemed warm and true

And so I thought, it must be You.

~~~~~

The writting then I did compare

To find different letters, it wasn't fair.

I guessed, I pondered, Who could it be

Who would write words of love to me.

~~~~~

I smiled, I frowned, I looked again

To see the kisses that I could claim.

And so if you're not the sender true

My Valentine may aswell be You.


~ Chrissy February 14 1990 ~


****************






Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy xx





0 comments: