BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 12 December 2011

Books Through The Eyes Of A Child....


*************************
*************************

Hello from a very wet and blustery night here in Cornwall. The type of weather to stay indoors by a blazing fire and read a good book. Talking about books brings to mind my grandees who stayed with me for ten days and naturally story time was the order of the day...
~~~~~~~
As a child I loved books and still do. My mother always used to say 'Are you going to get your head out of that book'..lol..
Among my many books I am fortunate to still have some of my books from childhood. I would like to share some of them with you here...


Who doesn't know the story of Cinderella? Many years later I was to play her in a hospital pantomime!!

Just so everyone knew the book was mine I wrote my name and address in my childhood books. Wouldn't do it now though....

How scary was that wolf!!!

This is my granddaughter's favourite at the moment

Good old Brer Rabbit..


These four books were given to me one Christmas and as you can see I read them many times...


I may just read this book to start Christmas

Who remembers Tufty? Written inside this book was 'Christine Doyle from Mummy and Daddy 14-2-64. Happy Birthday darling'

Stories and fairy tales were not the only books I read!!!

Another favourite of mine. I also got to play Dick Whittington in another hospital pantomime...


The three books below were another present one Christmas from my parents....





Inside 'Christine Doyle Xmas 1962'



Looking through these books have transported me back in time to the child I was. How I treasured these books and for a moment in time I am that child again....


My old school reading book

I remember this story

This is certainly apt this evening

My old friend Hans....

Due to my passion for books I have collected many books over the years and so naturally have added to my library of children's books.....


Here's Brer Rabbit again...

My son loved this tale...



Why, it's Noddy and Big Ears...

This is a very old book...

A Classic Enid Blyton..

This is a beautiful book...





I was lucky to find this book. I can remember sitting down in the morning waiting for 11 am for 'Listen with Mother' to begin. I can hear it as if it was yesterday 'Are you sitting comfortably, the I'll begin'.....







Did any of these books take you down Memory Lane? Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy...



0 comments: